EECA INTERACT Policy on participating countries in 2022
EECA INTERACT is united in its mission to advance science, build networks, and strengthen local capacity across the entire EECA region. In 2022 we will expand focus to Eastern and Central Europe, the Baltics, Balkans and Central Asia.
The war in Ukraine has led us, however, to a set of specific policy decisions regarding INTERACT 2022. In consideration of the positions of the institutions of the conference organisers, our respective universities, and our public and private sponsors, EECA INTERACT has adopted the following temporary policy regarding participation in the 2022 workshop.
- EECA INTERACT will not be able to invite Russian nationals and residents of Russia to participate as speakers.
- EECA INTERACT 2022 will not be able to accept scientific abstracts for peer review and possible inclusion in the programme if they contain data pertaining only to Russia.
- EECA INTERACT 2022 will not be able to accept scientific abstracts for peer review and possible inclusion in the programme if they have multi-country data presented by a Russian author.
- EECA INTERACT 2022 will be able to accept scientific abstracts for peer review and possible inclusion in the programme from Russian nationals who live outside Russia.
- Residents of Russia will not be able to join EECA INTERACT 2022 in person/virtually.
EECA INTERACT continues to monitor the situation closely and it may adapt its policy according to future developments. EECA INTERACT continues its mission to advance science across the region.